Thursday, January 25, 2007

Toasted Beer Bread Sammies and Shoppping at Shipshewana!!




Thought I would show you a wonderful way to prepare beer bread, a toasted ham and provolone sammie! Yippeee! Here is the recipe:

Mix:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking Soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt


Add 12 oz. beer, the best quality you can afford (We like Rolling Rock, and Amber Bock)

Mix and spread into a prepared loaf pan.

Melt 3 Tablespoons butter and top the batter.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 45-50 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.

(Served cubed as a dipping bread or slice and make as shown!) If I bulk make this recipe I bag up the ingredients at 15 oz. per bag.

Also, I wanted to show the great finds from E & S Sales of Amish-land...Shipshewana, Indiana. I adore bags and bags lined on the shelves and the continual culinary selections they have to offer! Whenever in Indiana I try to make a stop at this store!

Bags of Durum, Semolina, Amish Popcorn, Wheat Germ, Cheese, Oats, Chives, Cilantro, Poppy Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Dutch Cocoa and Regular Cocoa and so much more...Gosh I wish we had this store close by!

Here is a receipt from Aldi Grocery as well, I did spent a bit more at Walmart for the Freezer-Kit Cooking for this month. Aldi does not sell ham ($6.25 for 5 #) that I take to the deli counter and have half sliced...or Pork Shoulder (Butt Cut-I don't get why they call this cut the Butt...it isn't ya know!) And toiletries are sometimes cheaper at Walmart. I will post receipts for the Walmart purchases as well...and recipes and pics as taken.

No comments: