Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Week Away

Wow, when you spend a week away from home it sure is hard getting back into the swing of things! I have multiple requests for recipes and plans for Freezer-Kit Cooking. I am working on these currently and will try to have them complete this week. (And hey, thanks for the encouragement!) Below are pics of a Cinnamon/Spice Cream cheese iced roll, (AKA: Cinna-shawns) As you can see for this freezer kit you could roll out the dough, slice and pan and then make the icing and bag it up and freeze it with the pan of rolls for a quick bake, or you could keep all of the ingredients separate; dough balls, bagged spices and icing and defrost and then roll out the day of baking. That is why I LOVE Freezer-Kit Cooking...it is so flexible!

Our family spent a week in Fort Wayne, Indiana...as my husband attended a Symposia at Concordia Theological Seminary. We spent time with friends and our children (who all homeschool) were happy to have a week of socialization and communications (the play time with others), physical fitness (swimming for hours in the hotel pool), critical thinking (via games), vocabulary (through Apples to Apples), writing projects with computer skills (helping friends set up blogs), geography (map skills), consumer math and economics (bargain shopping in the city, as well as watching and discussions on gasoline prices) and just hanging out for a while! See, homeschooling Rocks!

Another wonderful "Field Trip" we were able to make on the way home was an excursion to Amish country via Shipshewanna, Indiana...really a stop off to E & S Sales for bulk food shopping...how I miss this store! It is a wonderful shopping experience for both the "plain" and "fancy" and I loaded up on Semolina, Durum, Oats, Spices, Seeds and so much more! I love the diverse parking lot...with horses and moder "carriages" as well! If you EVER have the opportunity to stop here, DO NOT pass it up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those cinnamon rolls look so yummy! I am looking forward to your recipes and ideas!

Joanna said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. If you do end up making the baby shoes, I'd love to see them. I've been looking through your blog and am so impressed with how organized you are with your meals. Will be back to get more ideas.