I just wanted to say... this picture says so much. (I don't know where I got this pic, but it was in my photos, and I was blessed by it today!) As I sit here looking through blogland, I know that my craft room awaits a cleaning. I pray today for:
1. My dear pastor-husband and the relationships he nurtures during his day.
2. Our children (all mommies understand that I cannot list every concern and care).
3. Our household focus. (Trying to work our way out of debt, and the world stress that comes with that-keeping our eyes on HIM in every and all situations.)
4. Thankful for being able to be at home in care of our family and home.
5. Thankful for a church that clings to Christ in sound doctrine and liturgical service.
6. I pray for specific people in our lives (God knows their names)
I don't usually post my prayer requests, however vague they are, but I am just overwhelmed somedays with the world, and wish to keep focus on HIS sweet comfort.
I will post pics of friendship bread steps... it was yummy!
A 22 hour road trip in three vehicles with 18 people from Our Redeemer Lutheran Church from the U.P. of Michigan to the Poconos Mountains in PA...all to hear HIS Holy Word. Perfect.
We had such an awesome week in Scranton PA attending the Higher Things Conference this year..."AMEN" '08. It was rich in liturgy, Law/Gospel preaching, sound teaching in HIS Holy Word and filled with Grace. Forgiveness, absolution...thank you Lord!
How refreshing in such a hostile world! The setting was beautiful, the Poconos Mountain Range is incredible and there were NO BUGS! I don't know how that happened, but we sat outside every evening without one mosquito bite! WOW!
Next year the theme is "SOLA" which means alone...
Grace alone: God loves the people of the world, even though they are sinful, rebel against Him and do not deserve His love. He sent Jesus, His Son, to love the unlovable and save the ungodly.
Faith alone: By His suffering and death as the substitute for all people of all time, Jesus purchased and won forgiveness and eternal life for them. Those who hear this Good News and believe it have the eternal life that it offers. God creates faith i Christ and gives people forgiveness through Him.
Scripture alone: The Bible is God's inerrant and infallible Word, in which He reveals His Law and His Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. It is the sole rule and norm of Christian doctrine.