Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Smores Cupcakes

I made a tutorial a while ago with this wonderful creation:
SMORES CUPCAKES


Start by mixing a graham cracker crumb crust
(the typical butter graham crumbs and a bit of sugar).
After it is pressed into your lined muffing tins tip with your favorite chocolate cake recipe.
Bake as you would a cupcake, and top with large marshmallows.
Place under broiler until toasty and golden brown.
Swirl a large amount of Chocolate Buttercream around the toasted marshmallow.
Enjoy!
Side view and with a bit removed. (Thanks to one of my teens!)

3 comments:

biblemm said...

I have a question. Do you wait until the cupcakes are cool before putting the marshmellow on top? and then let it cool again before putting buttercream? I'm concerned my buttercream would melt!!
And Happy Thanksgiving, thank you for posting all these wonderful ideas and recipes!!!

The Parson's Wife said...

I placed the marshmallows on top of warm cupcakes and placed under the broiler, then cooled completely before icing with the buttercream. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Karen said...

What a fun idea...and they look scrumptious!