Sunday, December 24, 2006

Whew! What an afternoon! I can't believe how wonderful all of our Parsonage Open House guests were! Everyone was so gracious about their visit and all seemed to appreciate the menu and fellowship, I know that we enjoyed their company! The cheese tray was a big hit, not surprising, as we are so close to Wisconsin! A bunch of people were glad to try Brie, and is was such a great purchase from Sam's club, and an easy indulgence!BUT...the show stopper, which I was REALLY surprised was the Bacon Wrapped Scallops served with Merlot Sauce. My children didn't want to try them, but the crisp sugared tops were a hit with the adults.
Then the cheesecakes...who would have thought! The little mini-cakes were eeny-meeny-miny-moed over, and yup the Chocolate Covered Blueberry was the adult favorite, while the P'nut butter cup was the children's favorite! The other one in the picture had a home-made caramel baked into the center. The tray continued to be refilled and refilled.















I can't possible post every picture of every item...but you get the idea. OH, OH, the adult men of the group hung out at the chocolate fountain...which I thought the ladies would claim that territory, and Danielle (my dd) thought it was adorable to see the menfolk mixing up little cups of hot cocoa and placing chocolate bits, marshmallows and whipped cream on the tops! But the ladies, once again, surprised me with opting for the Hot Spiced Pink Lemonade over Starbucks coffees! Ya just never know! I am wiped out today and am planning on having a few leftovers and a nice day of hanging around the living room watching football. May God Bless your households as he has ours this Christmas week, as our pastor said in service this morning, "It's always about the little Baby." Shawn <><

Oh, BTW What kind of English do you speak? I guess this proves that I travels a bunch growing up because my results are: LOL?!?
Your Linguistic Profile:
50% General American English
25% Yankee
15% Upper Midwestern
5% Dixie
0% Midwestern

3 comments:

Heather said...

Glad it all went well ... it looks and sounds so good and like tons of fun!

Blessings!!

Anonymous said...

When was the open house?
The Boss

Anonymous said...

I REALLY wanted to come by the open house but was way too wiped out from my crazy Christmas party :( We must have had 60 -70 people packed in our house!!! I think next year though, I will hire you to cater it!!! What a fabulous menu you had and I missed out on! So, when are we going to get together? Let's set a date and try it again :) Hope you had a great Christmas! PS I want the bread recipe! ~Danette